jmihalik

jmihalik

Magic Bites: A Special Edition of the First Kate Daniels Novel

Magic Bites  - Ilona Andrews I love the cover, though it's not at all how I imagine Kate. The extras included in the book are awesome as well. Definitely a nice treat for fans of the series. Or to give to a friend to hook them on Kate.

I'm hiding the rest of the review because it contains spoilers for books later in the series. Proceed at your own risk.

I have a confession to make: Curran isn't my favorite character. In fact, he might not even be in the top five in the Kate universe. He makes a nice foil for Kate, but as his own character--meh. If Kate were to die, I'd be quite upset. If Curran were to die... well, there are lots of fish in the sea (why hello, Roman).

Kate originally distrusted Curran and his motives, and that distrust was never fully resolved for me, even though they are now together. So I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, as it were. The Curran POV's are slowly bringing me around to his side.

In the Curran POV's I get a glimpse inside Curran's head. I get to see that he really does love Kate, not for her power or bloodline, but because she's Kate. And if that ever changes, I hope she kicks his ass.